No, unfortunately the way induction stoves work prevent the Flat Top in its current design from working properly. The Flat Top is made from ferrous (magnetic) steel so they're made from the right material to work with induction stoves. However, our Spacer Kit for glass cooktops raises the Flat Top off the surface of the glass 1/2" to allow for an air gap for circulation to prevent overheating the electronics in the stove. Most induction stoves require the metal to be in direct contact with the glass to be detected by the stove to turn the burners on. Because of the 1/2" gap the stove doesn't know to turn on to heat the Flat Top properly.
Articles in this section
- Can the Flat Top Slim or Jr. sizes be used on glass ceramic cooktops?
- What is the difference between a Range and a Cooktop?
- How to measure for a custom Flat Top
- I have a smooth glass ceramic stove - will the Flat Top work on it?
- Are the Flat Tops compatible with induction stoves?
- Custom Flat Top Drain Hole Placement
- Hot Spots
- Are there hot spots on the Flat Top?
- How the Flat Top is made
- What is the difference between the Steelmade Flat Top and a Blackstone Grill?